Prospective members of the Hakluyt Society are invited to join online.
Members of the Society are entitled to:
1. Receive ALL volumes published by the Society, other than those of the Extra Series, during the period of their membership FREE of charge. Such volumes are distributed free and post free to members.
2. Purchase EARLIER volumes (if still in print) and additional copies of current volumes at DISCOUNTED prices which are currently 40% (FORTY per cent) below those at which the Society’s publications are sold to the public.
This now also included PRINT-ON-DEMAND hardback editions for volumes out of print. Click here for a full list of Hakluyt Society volumes (First, Second & Third Series and Extra Series) available for purchase.
3. Purchase volumes issued in the Extra Series at special rates, from 20 to 30% below the retail published prices.
4. Apply for Hakluyt Society Reseach Funding. Up to SIX Hakluyt Society Research Grants (max. £ 1500 each) and uo to TWO Hakluyt Society Short-Term Fellowships (max. £ 6,600 each) are available per calendar year.
5. Attend Hakluyt Society Symposiums and Conferences at discounted rates or free of charge.
6. Receive the twice yearly Newsletter, the List of Publications in Print and the Annual Report.
7. Receive a printed copy of the Annual Lecture delivered at the AGM (if published).
8. Attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting held in London. Each year a distinguished speaker is invited to give a lecture to members of the Society and their guests following the conclusion of the AGM.
9. Have password access to the ‘Members Only’ pages on the website (access is required to enjoy members’ discount when ordering volumes), and to the email Discussion Group.
Annual membership fees are as follows:
REGULAR membership £60.00 (60 GB pounds) for the United Kingdom and all other countries (or US$110)
STUDENT membership £30.00 (30 GB pounds) for the United Kingdom and all other countries